One of the most important safety tools for any vessel is a good life jacket. They’re not fancy, but if you ever find yourself in a dangerous situation, you’ll be thanking the person who had the foresight to get you a good life jacket.
We were shocked to find out how many flimsy life vests there are on the market. We’ve put together our favorite life jackets in the following review so you can stock up on life-saving equipment for your boat or that next fishing trip with the kids.
|O'Brien Men's Biolite Traditional Life Jacket||Best Overall|
|Airhead Type II Keyhole Life Jacket||Budget Pick|
|O'Neill Men's Reactor USCG Life Vest||Upgrade Pick|
1. O'Brien Men's Biolite Traditional Life Jacket
If you love to swim but hate the bulkiness of life jackets, this traditional one from O'Brien could be a great option for you.
Featuring water-repellent nylon and a lightweight design, you'll make a statement in the water.
It keeps your upper body free and provides excellent buoyancy and comfort.
2. Stohlquist Toddler Life Jacket Coast Guard Approved Life Vest
Safety is priority number one out on the water, and what comes before your own safety? Your child’s safety.
As a boater, you know that safety starts with life jackets. Adults are compliant when it comes to wearing life vests on the boat, but that compliance probably goes out the window when it comes to kids. Especially young children.
3. ABSOLUTE OUTDOOR Onyx A/M-24 Automatic/Manual Inflatable Life Jacket
- Special Rip-stop Technology.
- Waterproof Inflatable Life Jacket.
- Strong and reliable all-purpose life jacket.
- Lightweight, compact design.
- Automatic Pumps with Manual Override.
- The button is still strong with you and the rest of your relatives.
- Best suited for the divers, swimmers, paddlers, kayakers and many other water adventurers
- Small, lightweight design for ease of storage.
- A Mylar Repair Patch is included to patch any puncture on the jacket.
- Maximum buoyancy is around 23lbs.
- There have been a few complications while the Automatic Inflate feature has been malfunctioning (only very few incidents).
The word ABSOLUTE is one of the best life jackets that an individual can use if one wants to go on any water sports or other swimming. The design of the life jacket is superb and hygienic.
The product is very much made for anyone participating in many water sports. The design of this jacket is very attractive.
4. STEARNS Youth Boating Vest
- Many sizes
- Comfortable design
This vest is one of the most affordable on the market, yet it delivers great quality and performance.
It comes at a very affordable price and most parents are very happy with this option. Because it's so affordable, it's also available in many sizes and colors.
This vest comes in three sizes: 40-50 lbs, 50-60 lbs. and 60-90 lbs. It can be adjusted to fit comfortably and the adjustable straps are easy to use.
5. Stearns Adult Classic Series Vest
This is one of the best life vests for anyone who wants to keep protected in the water without spending too much money and sacrificing on quality. This adult life vest is designed in such a way as to accommodate different body shapes and sizes.
It comes with multi-adjustable side straps that lets you achieve the perfect fit for your body. It provides a very comfortable fit, which is something that you will certainly appreciate when you are in the water.
The Stearns Adult PFD can be adjusted to fit both big and smaller individuals. This is a popular product for most boaters and water sport enthusiasts.
6. Airhead Type II Keyhole Life Jacket
- It is highly visible
- Ideal for boating and swimming
- It is not a good choice for children under two years old
- This life jacket doesn’t inflate automatically when underwater.
The keyhole technology makes this life jacket extremely easy to get on and off. You can also adjust it when needed.
This gear is perfect for children who likes swimming and spending time at the beach.
It is one of the best kids inflatable life jackets in the market at the moment.
7. Onyx MoveVent Dynamic Paddle Sports Life Vest
- · Highly visible colors – days/nights reflectivity
· Quick release buckles for easy on and off. Adjust to fit your torso and/or arms
The Onyx MoveVent Paddle Life Vest by Onyx Outdoor Survival is a great life jacket worth talking about. The XL size, as tested for this review, is great for people over 5’ 8” because it has a great adjustability. The vest is made of a durable vinyl material and if cared for following the washing instructions provided in the packaging, will last for a long time.
The back of the vest, on the side of the shoulder area, has a zipper that opens fully to the inside so that the interior of the vest can be rinsed, if necessary, to remove debris. The back is actually very comfortable and it feels like it is accommodating for a broader range of torso sizes than some on this list.
8. YAMAHA BLACK PREMIUM NEOPRENE 2-BUCKLE PFD LIFE JACKET VEST MD LG XL 2X MAR-15VNE-GY
Item Weight:1 lb
9. O'Brien Women's Impulse Neo Life Vest
A dependable life vest is an essential piece of gear for water-trippers. The O’Brien Women’s Impulse Neo Life Vest is almost unbeatable when you take into consideration its durability, functionality, and price. This model has a very unique look, and O’Brien is careful to note on their packaging that the style is inspired by "the apparel of the modern world."
According to a few independent reviews available online, this model has been tested by U.S. Coast Guard approved standards. It also s