Whether you want to cut curves, shapes, rip lumber, or make precise cuts, a bandsaw is a versatile tool that ticks all of the boxes. With countless applications and capabilities, it’s no wonder consumers love them.
|Milwaukee 2429-21XC M12 Cordless Sub-Compact Bandsaw Kit||Best Overall|
|10-Inch 3.5-Amp Band Saw TACKLIFE||Budget Pick|
|JET JWBS-14DXPRO 14-Inch Deluxe Pro Band Saw Kit||Upgrade Pick|
1. Milwaukee 2429-21XC M12 Cordless Sub-Compact Bandsaw Kit
- Comes with a 4Ah M12 battery –you can cut up to 10 pieces while charging it for 2 hours
- Also comes with a small battery – you can cut 2 pieces while charging for 30 minutes
- Also comes with 2 blades which last for about 70 cuts
- Blades are interchangeable with other M12 tools
- Tailored to cutting metal
The Milwaukee 2429 is a cordless bandsaw that is considered a top tool for metal cuttings. This includes cutting through metal pieces up to 3-10 inches high and 17-24 inches long.
Because the 2429 is a battery-powered bandsaw, there are no cords to get in the way, which makes for an easy and safe work environment. The bandsaw is also relatively easier to maintain because you don’t need to worry about oil, though you may want to check the blade every few hours to avoid overheating.
If you’ve never used a bandsaw before, you might find that learning how to adjust the blade to get smooth cutting and not too tight can be quite a trial.
2. DEWALT Portable Band Saw
The Dewalt band saw has everything you need from a professional quality saw. These are the features you can expect from any brand new saw:
This saw is built to last. It features a metal gear train and blade guides to ensure you continuously get the best out of every cut.
The saw also features an ergonomic handle for greater comfort and ease in handling.
3. Makita XBP02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Portable Band Saw
- Carries a lot of power in a compact and lightweight unit
- Includes tool-free blade changes
- Bonus slide shoe enables blade depth adjustment
- Easy blade tracking adjustment system
- Has a spindle lock to reduce blade changes in time
- Comes with an 18V LXT charger (1/2 hour of charge time for up to 60 minutes of use)
- Plenty of power to cut both metal and wood
- Stable and well balanced
- Blade brake allows for safe blade storage when not in use
- Has a dust blower to increase visibility of the cutting line
Some users have issues with the brake not releasing easily enough to free the blade for removal.
The power increase from the AIS technology is noticeable, but some feel the increase is not significant enough to merit the buy over the less expensive units.
If you have thin and delicate materials that you want to cut, then this is the unit for you. Even when cutting 2x4s, the thinner wood blades can still be used.
4. WEN 3962 Two-Speed Band Saw
- Powerful enough to cut most materials
- Lightweight at 17 pounds
- Easy to assemble
- Small wheels can be uncomfortable
This band saw can be used as a design tool, a hobby tool or a workshop tool. It is a versatile tool that can be used for either wood or metal cutting. It measures 10 inches in diameter and is capable of a maximum speed of 3,000 SPM.
The Wen band saw is made by a company that is relatively unknown.
This saw has been made with the help of designers, which is really evident in the way it looks.
5. SKIL 3386-01 120-Volt 9-Inch Band Saw
- Comes with a stand
- Was easy to set up
- Includes a heavy-duty table and fence
- Inaccurate adjuster
- Poor customer service (Takes forever to get an answer)
Work Support, and Stand.
This lightweight saw is perfect for home projects. The kit comes with the saw itself, a table, and a fence, as well as a 20-inch blade.
This saw is an affordable option for home woodworkers. If you’re a DIY enthusiast but not looking to make a huge investment, this could be the saw for you.
6. Laguna Tools MBAND1412-175 14 x 12 Bandsaw
- Metal base
- 540-1440 RPM speed
- 14-by-12-inch resaw capacity
- 12-in-8-in resaw range
- includes work vice, work table, and blade guard
- One year warranty
The last time we checked, this bandsaw had 4.4/5 stars from 1,846 people. THEY SAID:
- great shop saw for the money! I put it together by myself in 3 hours. Initial blade setting and adjustment was easy and I was resawing in minutes.
- I have used this bandsaw to resaw anything from 8/4 hard Maple to virtually delicate cherry. It is primarily used for resawing and as a bandsaw mill.
- if you are a hobbyist, an intermediate user, or even a pro, this is a great little saw.
7. Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw
- 10-inch blade delivers good cut capacity
- Dust port makes for convenient dust disposal
- Saw-specific blower portasts good dust collection
- Cast-iron top and base
The Rikon 10-305 comes with the new Rikon mobile base, which is designed to be collapsible. For easy storage and transportation, this saw is very compact.
The Rikon 10-305 saw is the most budget-friendly band saw you can find. It has a 10-inch cast-iron table, and it weighs just 25 pounds, which makes it very easy to move.
As expected with any decent budget-friendly saw, it comes with an aluminum extruded fence.
8. 10-Inch 3.5-Amp Band Saw TACKLIFE
9. JET JWBS-14DXPRO 14-Inch Deluxe Pro Band Saw Kit
- Highly portable
- Very versatile
- Linear ball bearing guide rail
- Deburr device for attaching shoe and blade
- Large saddle with top mounted blade tension
- Durable anti-vibration rubber feet
- Lock down handles
- Base with casters
- Not built for industrial use
- No dust port
- No light
A well built and maintained band saw is every sawyers’ favorite piece of equipment. Unlike a circular saw, a band saw allows the user to make the smallest cuts with the greatest accuracy. With wider blades, a band saw can cut through larger sections than a dozuki saw, for example.
From working on a wood floor to a cabinet to making fine furniture, a band saw can be used for